Cook-Off will happen come rain, snow or shine so see you on Saturday.
2022 will be our first year back post Covid and rebuilding our pool of chili contestants has been a slow process. To insure that everyone who gets a tasting card will be able to taste every contestant’s chili we will be limiting the number of cards we pass out. Gates open at noon and we expect our limited supply to go fast so come early, taste chili and then stay for craft beer, ice sculpture display, ice carving demonstrations, fire dancer and face painting for the kids.
Tasting begins at noon.
All People’s Choice votes MUST be turned in by 3:00 pm.
- Ice Sculpture orders – Orders must be complete and design approved by Friday February 8, 2022
- Chili Contestant – Registration and fee must be received no later than February 11, 2022
- Food Vendors – Registration and fee must be received no later than February 11, 2022
To make this event truly successful we need approximately 40 volunteers. If you are able to volunteer for 3 hours please go to Sign Up Genius and sign up. If you would like to talk to someone before signing up as a volunteer please contact either
An amazing display of individual and unique ice sculptures from Ice Mill Studio including several ice carving demonstrations, in the park, during the entire event.
If you have additional questions please contact:
- General Information: Cesar Martinez – 678-793-6645 or Pam Fink – 706-258-8289
- Food Vendors: Lane Arnold – 678-358-0126
- Chili Contestants: Jaime Davis – 770-354-9805
- Ice Sculptures: Cory Bryant – 706-455-6800 or Pam Fink – 706-258-8289
- To become a volunteer: Rita Suiter – 229-563-7482 or Melissa Wilson – 404-293-0225
Things To Do:
- Chili tasting and voting on the “Peoples Choice”
- Wander around town looking for your favorite Ice Sculpture
- Have a beer or glass of wine
Event Fees and Schedule
- Ice Sculpture orders must be in by 5 pm on February 4, 2022
- Chili contestant registration cut off 5 pm on February 17, 2022
- Contestants must begin cooking no later than 8:30 am
- Judging starts at noon
- Event is open to the public from Noon to 5 pm
- Music from noon to 4 pm
- Chili tasting is from Noon until we run out of chili
- Awards ceremony begins at 4 pm
- For a $10 donation we will give you a Tasting Card
- Taste each of the competitors and vote for People’s Choice Award. (Noon to 3 pm)
- Down South Helles Lager: 4.2%Unfiltered and pale in color with a hint of sweetness to balance the spicy noble style Contessa hops with fresh floral notes.
- Didjits: 7% A Blood Orange American IPA made with citrus and Mosaic Hops.Big Shanty: 9% A cinnamon honey graham cracker Stout.
- Plum Arcadia: 5% Plum kettle sour.
Grumpy Old Men
- Acoustic Blonde: 5.5% One of our two lightest beers on tap. Refreshing, light, and an easy sipper.
- Choco Blanco: 6.1% Your typical American Wheat with a not-so-typical white chocolate twist. This slightly sweet wheat is sure to satisfy your inner sweet tooth!
- Scentsation DIPA: 8% Originally brewed as an alternative to our Grasshoppa Imperial IPA. Scentsation boasts a ton of citrus flavor and aroma, with not as much maltiness as the Hoppa.
- Hell’s Holler Porter: 7.2% Hints of chocolate and caramel make this the perfect pairing for drinking during a meal or when you feel like a beverage with a little more body and flavor.
- Grumpy Granny: 6.7% Made from Granny Smith apples, dry cider with strong tart apple flavor
- Legends: 6.9% Proprietary apple used to make this delightful slightly tart honey tinged hard apple cider
Various Micro Breweries
- Bold Rock Carolina Apple
- Devils Backbone Vienna Lager
- Jekyll Hop Dang Diggity IPA
- Monday Night Drafty Kilt Ale
- Tucker Southern Heaven Heffeweizen
- Wicked Weed Smore’s Stout