2018 Fire and Ice Chili Cook-off
8th Annual Fire & Ice Chili Cook-Off
is now in the history books!
The Blue Ridge Business Association is proud to announce that the Fannin Chamber of Commerce is a co-op partner with this event.
Cook-Off will happen come rain, snow or shine so see you on Saturday.
Mark your calendars for entertainment, live music, ice sculptures and amazing chili! Buy a $10 Tasting Card to sample the competition and vote for the People’s Choice Award.
Tasting cards will be sold from 11 am to 2:30 pm.
All People’s Choice votes MUST be turned in by 3 pm.
An amazing display of individual and unique ice sculptures from the award winning, National Ice Carving Champion “Rock on Ice” including several ice carving demonstrations, in the park, during the entire event.
If you have additional questions please contact:
- Cesar Martinez at 678-793-6645
- Pam Fink at 706-258-2432
Things To Do:
- Chili tasting and voting on the “Peoples Choice”
- Wander around town looking for your favorite Ice Sculpture
- Have a beer or glass of wine
- Listen to Owl Creek Band
Owl Creek Band plays a wide mix of music each musician varied, but the group shared a real connection to the music. On a typical week, the group played Americana, Blues, Country and Classic Rock. Formed in Cherokee County, GA, our love of music, history, the outdoors, nature and wildlife came together in the name “Owl Creek Band”.
Click on map for better viewing of the Festival Map
Chili Contest – and the winners are……….
The first four categories were judged by our esteemed panel of 5 Judges. Each chili was rated individually on 5 attributes: aroma, color, taste, texture and aftertaste. Judges gave each attribute a score of 1 to 10. There were a total of 250 points possible per contestant.
- 1st: 176 points, #1 Grilling Gangsters, Ronald Williams
- 2nd: 174 points, #16 Kelly Barton
- 3rd: 153 Points, #10 Pit Stop Chili, Kevin Backus
- 1st: 175 points, #15 Boars Nesters
- 2nd: 162 Points, #17 Merciers
- 3rd: 155 points, #3 Chuck’s Moonshine
- 1st: 178 points, #8 Project Chimps
- 2nd: 164 points, #4, Habitat for Humanity
- 3rd: 129 points, #12 Hot House Missionary Church
- 1st: 168 points, #2 Chester’s
- 2nd: 166 points, #7 Blue Jeans
- 3rd: 165 points, #9 Blue Ridge Brewery
People’s Choice Award
- was determined by the public who tasted and submitted their ballot on their tasting cards. 934 tasting card ballots were submitted.
People’s Choice Award winner is Chester’s.
People's Choice Award Winners
Ice Sculpture Sponsors
- Blue Ridge Adventure Wear
- Blue Ridge Business Association
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
- City of Blue Ridge
- Chester Brunnenmeyer’s Bar and Grill
- Dairy Queen
- Fannin Chamber of Commerce
- Fightingtown Tavern
- Frank X. Moore Law
- Harry Norman Realtors
- Kevin Panter Insurance
- Mercier Orchards of Blue Ridge
- New Blue Home
- Out of the Blue
- Owls Nest of Blue Ridge
- Presents of Mine
- Southern Comfort Cabin Rentals
- Town and Country Furniture
- Studio Trimble and Design ReFind
- Wrapsody in Blue
- Ace Custom Woodworks
- Blue Ridge Runner
- Angela Stewart DeLorine, P.C.
- Blue Ridge Lodging Association
- Dairy Queen
- Douglas Inn
- Fannin Sentinel
- Fetch Your News
- Georgia Party & Tool Rental
Event Fees and Schedule:
- Contestants must begin cooking no later than 8:30 am
- Judging starts at noon
- Event is open to the public from 11 am to 5 pm
- Music from Owl Creek Band, noon to 5 pm
- Chili tasting is from Noon to 3:00 pm
- Awards ceremony begins at 4 pm
- Tasting Cards are $10 – Taste each of the competitors and vote for People’s Choice Award. (11 am to 3 pm)
- Beer and Wine tickets are $6
Interested in Participating?
Click on the form that is relevant to your needs, print, complete and then email to us or mail to:
PO Box 2527
Blue Ridge, Ga 30513
You may include your check made payable to BRBA or click on the PayPal buttons below and pay online.
- General Rules and Regulations
- Chili Contestant Registration
- Ice Sculpture Registration
- Food Vendor Registration
- Sponsorship Information