2019 Is Now In The History Books!
Weather was perfect, chili was great, ice sculptures better than ever and music was wonderful. Good time was had by all! Mark your calendar for next year, our big 10th Annual Fire and Ice February 15, 2020.
Peoples Choice Winner: Black Sheep Restaurant
1st place – Project Chimp
2nd place – Hot House Missionary Church
1st place – Pit Stop
2nd place – Reggie Berry
3rd place – Chris Adgate
1st place – Blue Ridge Parade of Homes
2nd place – Hempworx
3rd place – Chucks Moonshine Chili
1st place – Black Sheep
2nd place – Chesters
3rd place – Cameron Hall
Congrats to all the contestants for a job VERY well done!!
9th Annual Fire & Ice Chili Cook-Off
Coming February 16, 2019
Noon to 5 pm
In and around the park, downtown Blue Ridge
The Blue Ridge Business Association is proud to announce that the Fannin Chamber of Commerce is a co-op partner with this event.
Cook-Off will happen come rain, snow or shine so see you on Saturday.
Mark your calendars for entertainment, live music, ice sculptures and amazing chili! Buy a $10 Tasting Card to sample the competition and vote for the People’s Choice Award.
Tasting cards will be sold from 11 am to 2:30 pm.
All People’s Choice votes MUST be turned in by 3 pm.
- Ice Sculpture orders – February 4, 2019
- Chili Contestant – February 8, 2019
To make this event truly successful we need approximately 40 volunteers. If you are able to volunteer for 3 hours please follow this link and sign up. If you would like to talk to someone before signing up as a volunteer please contact Chris Martinez.
An amazing display of individual and unique ice sculptures from the award winning, National Ice Carving Champion “Rock on Ice” including several ice carving demonstrations, in the park, during the entire event.
If you have additional questions please contact:
- Cesar Martinez at 678-793-6645
- Pam Fink at 706-258-2432
- Jay Hamilton at 706-946-6808
Things To Do:
- Chili tasting and voting on the “Peoples Choice”
- Wander around town looking for your favorite Ice Sculpture
- Have a beer or glass of wine from such businesses as:
- Grumpy Old Men
- Fannin Brewing
- Mercier’s Hard Cider
- Arches Brewing
Event Fees and Schedule
- Ice Sculpture orders must be in by 5 pm on February 4, 2019
- Chili contestant registration cutoff 5 pm on February 8, 2019
- Contestants must begin cooking no later than 8:30 am
- Judging starts at noon
- Event is open to the public from 11 am to 5 pm
- Music from noon to 5 pm
- Chili tasting is from Noon to 3:00 pm
- Awards ceremony begins at 4 pm
- Tasting Cards are $10
- Taste each of the competitors and vote for People’s Choice Award. (11 am to 3 pm)
- Beer and Wine tickets are $6