9th Annual Fire & Ice Chili Cook-Off
Coming February 16, 2019.
The Blue Ridge Business Association is proud to announce that the Fannin Chamber of Commerce is a co-op partner with this event.
Cook-Off will happen come rain, snow or shine so see you on Saturday.
Mark your calendars for entertainment, live music, ice sculptures and amazing chili! Buy a $10 Tasting Card to sample the competition and vote for the People’s Choice Award.
Tasting cards will be sold from 11 am to 2:30 pm.
All People’s Choice votes MUST be turned in by 3 pm.
An amazing display of individual and unique ice sculptures from the award winning, National Ice Carving Champion “Rock on Ice” including several ice carving demonstrations, in the park, during the entire event.
If you have additional questions please contact:
- Cesar Martinez at 678-793-6645
- Pam Fink at 706-258-2432
Things To Do:
- Chili tasting and voting on the “Peoples Choice”
- Wander around town looking for your favorite Ice Sculpture
- Have a beer or glass of wine
- Listen to Owl Creek Band
Owl Creek Band plays a wide mix of music each musician varied, but the group shared a real connection to the music. On a typical week, the group played Americana, Blues, Country and Classic Rock. Formed in Cherokee County, GA, our love of music, history, the outdoors, nature and wildlife came together in the name “Owl Creek Band”.
Click on map for better viewing of the Festival Map
The first four categories were judged by our esteemed panel of 5 Judges. Each chili was rated individually on 5 attributes: aroma, color, taste, texture and aftertaste. Judges gave each attribute a score of 1 to 10. There were a total of 250 points possible per contestant.
- Individual Adult
- Team Adult
- Civic Team
- Peoples Choice Award
People's Choice Award Winners
- Ice Sculpture Sponsors
- Coming Soon
- Food Vendors
- Coming Soon
- Event Sponsors
- Coming Soon
- Event Fees and Schedule:
- Contestants must begin cooking no later than 8:30 am
- Judging starts at noon
- Event is open to the public from 11 am to 5 pm
- Music from Owl Creek Band, noon to 5 pm
- Chili tasting is from Noon to 3:00 pm
- Awards ceremony begins at 4 pm
- Tasting Cards are $10 – Taste each of the competitors and vote for People’s Choice Award. (11 am to 3 pm)
- Beer and Wine tickets are $6
- Interested in Participating?
- Click on the form that is relevant to your needs, print, complete and then email to us or mail to:
PO Box 2527
Blue Ridge, Ga 30513
- You may include your check made payable to BRBA or click on the PayPal buttons below and pay online.
- General Rules and Regulations
- Chili Contestant Registration
- Ice Sculpture Registration
- Food Vendor Registration
- Sponsorship Information
- PayPal Buttons
Fire and Ice 2018
Would you like to help with this event? Click here for the form.