This parade started in the 1950’s and it is a time for all of BLUE RIDGE to come together and celebrate the 4th of July as well as the way Blue Ridge, Georgia used to be. Bring your antique vehicles, dress in period attire OR not, it is up to you. If you, your organization, your business, your church, etc would like to participate in the parade contact Pam Fink and she will answer all your questions.
Calling all businesses in the downtown area! Please advertise the “Old Timers Parade” by decorate your store windows, telling all your customers when the parade will start and MOST importantly, be in the parade!
Attention All Participants:
- Arrive at 9:00 am if you need any last minute decorating, no later than 9:30 am if your decorating is completely done.
- Walking participants: Meet on East Mail in front of the First Baptist Church and we will help get you in line.
- Music/Band participants: Meet in the grassy area near park grill.
- Motorized vehicles: One of the many volunteers walking up and down the parade route will tell you who to get behind.
- If you can’t find anyone to help Pam’s cell number is 706-258-8289. Feel free to call or text and she will come to wherever you are.
Permits are not required to participate in the parade.
Parade will start at 10 am so come early and find your spot for viewing.
If you have previous parades pictures you would like to share please send to us
and we will add to our photo album.